GSDBA

Greater San Diego Business Association

Our Facebook page was just "liked" by Nelson Davis, who one minute after liking us posted a link on the page. The link is for a seminar for small business owners that is being presented by The Making It! Institute. 

I am not familiar with this organization and if it is bogus, I definitely don't want it on our page. That being said, I'm not sure I like the post anyway, since he is obviously just posting to participants to his seminar and I don't believe he is a member of the GSDBA.

I'm thinking of removing it. Any thoughts/opinions?

Thanks!

Views: 10

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know anything about it but it sounds suspicious. If he isn't a GSDBA member we should probably delete it. The website looks pretty sketchy.

It seems legit from the mission statement, inexpensive seminar in Clairmont.

Jack Canfield's photo is on the masthead

http://www.makingittv.com/

Mission Statement

To provide education, inspiration, and expert guidance to present and future small business owners. With an emphasis on minorities, women, and underserved communities, we accomplish this through live events, peer to peer learning, and electronic media.

http://www.makingittv.com/

501-c3 not-for-profit corporation. Under the umbrella of The Institute, Nelson is developing programs that educate, inspire, and place a brighter public spotlight on small and minority business communities via special events and peer-to-peer learning opportunities.

September 21, 2011 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Just $49.95 - Breakfast and lunch included!

National University Spectrum Center
9388 Lightwave Avenue
San Diego, CA 92123-1426
Might go better on the events listing for the GSDBA, if they offer approval.

Janice,

It does look legit, but I think I might still delete it since he isn't a member of the GSDBA. I also noticed that he "liked" numerous organizations today and posted the same or similar messages.

I'm more concerned about the spammy issue. I don't want to set a precedent where anyone can post anything on the page. If I recall correctly (the more I think about it), when we started we were concerned with even GSDBA members posting inappropriate things.

Thanks for the feedback Janice and Lisa. 

RSS

Join Our Email List

Greater San Diego Business Association BBB Business Review

© 2014   Created by GSDBA.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

COMMENT CLICKY TRACKING CODE Real Time Analytics