The Greater San Diego Business Association invites your bid for the INTERIOR pages design and layout of its 2013 Directory. Your bid should be for a publication similar to the 2012 Directory and based on the requirements outlined below.
- Bid should be based on the 2012 Directory design, size, format and page count, taking into account a possible 10% increase in size. Bid should include rates for any possible increase in size beyond the 10% predicted growth, and must be on a 16-page basis.
SIZE: The finished size must be 5 3/8” x 8 3/8”
PAGES: 320 + 10% (possibly)
COVER: Supplied artwork
INSIDE COVERS: Supplied artwork
INSIDE: Black and CMYK
TURNAROUND: 3 weeks– from date of delivery of copy
- The Contractor is responsible for administering design and layout of the Directory under the specific direction and guidelines established by the GSDBA CEO. Sample designs are to be submitted by August 3, 2012. Bid should include pertinent charges for layout and design.
- The GSDBA will provide the Directory text via email. Ad files will be supplied by the GSDBA on a portable hard drive at the same time. GSDBA retains all rights, privileges, ownership and possession of the database/page layout file. Disk copies of the Directory must be returned to GSDBA upon completion of the Directory.
- The Directory is printed on a web press and this should be taken into account in the design process. (no bleeds)
- Included in layout responsibility will be agreeing to a timetable for all design, production and other pertinent requirements and schedules based on the parameters of the production period of October 19 – November 20, 2012.
- Final layout must be approved by the GSDBA CEO. Proofs of the Directory, including both listings and display ads, will be given to the GSDBA Office on or before October 19, 2012 for approval by the GSDBA CEO, with all materials to be ready for production no later than November 20, 2012. Between dates October 19 and November 20 text content is subject to revision.
- All efforts must be made so that full page ads by different advertisers are not placed adjacent to each other. Instances where full page ads must run adjacent to each other require approval by the GSDBA Office.
- The final layout must be returned on the GSDBA portable hard drive with all attached files, fonts and digital ad files per printer requirements.
- A color proof is required for approval process.
- The decision to award shall be at the sole discretion of the GSDBA CEO.
- Upon acceptance of the bid proposal, the successful bidder will be required to sign a formal contract.
- If you are not currently a member of the GSDBA you will need to purchase a one-year membership ($250.00).
Please submit your sealed proposal based upon the above guidelines to the GSDBA office, P.O. Box 33848, San Diego, CA 92163, or in person, at 3737 Fifth Avenue, Ste. 205. Your bid must be received no later than Friday, August 3, 2012, 5:00 p.m.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Sue Sneeringer at the GSDBA office at (619) 296-4543.